FoodDog

The Institute of FoodDog Arts is a not-for-profit educational co-op, focussing on the betterment of world food supplies through collective cooking knowledge. An experiment in open-source cooking, we're harnessing the power of the Superhighway for the kitchen.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

BLATs

Ok, so the name dosn't sound altogether inspiring, still this recommendation is a slight variation on the classic BLT that Chris and I very much enjoy. It is the Bacon, Lettice, Avacaudo, and Tomatoe sandwich. Something that I am sure will eventually catch on nation wide...
Really the only actuall diffrence is that you add slices of Avacado to your sandwich, but I will describe how we make them in more detail in case you are interested...

First cook the Bacon. We like to make sure it is nice and crispy. Meinwhile, prepair relatively thick slices of ripe tomatoes and ripe avacado. Tear of nice amounts of crispy lettice. Toast your bread to your liking, Chris likes his very crispy, and I like mine just a little crisp. Apply mayonese to both slices of bread. Next put lettice on one slice and bacon on the other (to protect the bread from the more soggy ingrediants). Layer your avacaudo and tomatoe on the bacon and lettice respectively. Here I like to season my avacado and tomatoe to taste (I salt them). Then simply combine the parts to form your sandwich and enjoy!

Let me know if you try them and how you like them!
Happy Eating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home